Who are Becket Chambers?
Becket Chambers serve clients in courts and tribunals across Kent, Sussex and the South East of England. Their Barristers have a deserved reputation for their friendly, accessible service and pragmatic and practical advice. They deal with all aspects of Probate and Inheritance and the Court of Protection, including appearing on behalf of claimants/applicants, defendants/respondents or third parties.
Our working relationship
We have worked closely with Beckets Chambers on a number of challenging but ultimately rewarding cases. This working relationship enables us to achieve great rewards for our clients without them being burdened by any upfront costs. Working with their Barristers assists us to deal with a number of cases more efficiently; including contentious and non-contentious probate claims, applications to the court to deal with personal representatives and the administration of estates and applications under the 1975 Act for financial provision.
We have chosen to work with Becket Chambers not only for their unrivalled specialist knowledge across multiple practice areas, but also for their approachability and desire to enable all clients to access high quality legal advice.
- Becket Chambers have experience in the following areas:
- Cases of undue influence and fraud
- Claims for removal of Executors and Trustees, and for breach of their duties
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Challenges to construction of Wills and Trusts
- Constructive trusts and proprietary estoppel
- Disputes over the validity of Wills
- Issues of testamentary capacity
Members of Beckets also have experience in dealing with Court of Protection cases. The Court has jurisdiction in matters relating to the property, affairs and personal welfare of persons who lack capacity within the meaning of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Contact us today
Or arrange a conversation today